Electricity is provided around the clock, and consequently operators, distributors, and dispatchers need to cover this demand by working a system designed to cover 168 hours in a week.
In addition to shift scheduling, "fitness for duty" (i.e. fatigue management) and other training requirements are mandated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Juggling between all of these demands and meeting the needs of the operators, distributors and dispatchers requires a sophisticated management of the workforce and shift pattern in order to maintain employee morale, productivity and safe operations.
How CIRCADIAN can help you:
- Staffing Level Analysis. Using advanced analysis techniques, CIRCADIAN can identify the optimal staffing levels for the operation.
- Shift Schedule Optimization. CIRCADIAN works with both managers and employees to identify a set of ideal schedule solutions to meet business, regulatory and family/social needs.
- Fatigue Risk Management System. Comprehensive fatigue management programs will map out the course of action to maintain high safety standards while reducing costs associated with fatigue-related errors and incidents.
- Employee Training on Managing a Shiftwork Lifestyle. These programs assist shift workers with managing their personal health, which will help minimize healthcare costs.
- 24/7 Workplace Evaluation and Design. The physiological stimuli for optimizing human alertness and performance (i.e., illumination, color, sound, temperature, etc.) are well established. CIRCADIAN will utilize this knowledge base to assess the current control room and develop design recommendations that could be incorporated into your planning process for retrofitting the work environment to maximize operator alertness and performance levels.