Even with state of the art equipment, foundries still have some of the most physically demanding jobs in industry today. Work load plus heat and humidity have kept most foundries operating with shorter 8 hour schedules. Though the shorter shift makes sense on the surface, it can require that foundry operators work twice as many days per year than employees in other industries that work 12-hour shifts. Ironically, during the hottest periods of the year it is common to find foundry employees pulling 12 hour shifts, 7 days in a row to provide vacation coverage for their coworkers.
In addition, equipment improvements are continuing to increase the length of operational campaigns. All too often, these productivity increases are not supported with appropriate changes to employee staffing levels or work schedules. Thus, many high tech foundries continue to increase worker fatigue, some to dangerous levels.
How CIRCADIAN can help you:
- Shift Schedule Optimization. A unique approach to involve all concerned in designing the best schedule for the specific requirements of each workforce in each foundry.
- Staffing Level Analysis. Scientific review of optimal employee deployment considering job requirements, length of operating campaigns, skill sets, financial constraints and human design characteristics and limitations.
- Training: Managing a Shiftwork Lifestyle. A means of providing the shiftworkers and their families with a useable understanding of how the body functions in a 24/7 world and to provide proven tips and countermeasures to get the most out of life.
- Fatigue Risk Assessment. Understand the potential costs, risks and liabilities created by staffing levels, work loads and overall policies and procedures pertaining to this unique 24/7 industry
For more information about CIRCADIAN's Mining & Metals Solutions:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 781-439-6300